WHEN YOUR MONTHLY FAVOURITES REFLECT THE CURRENT HEATWAVE.
AmIRight? Its been H-O-T here in Vancouver and this girl is a wilting. I’m not a lover of the heat and neither is my skin. So my July monthly favourite beauty products definitely reflect the concept of melting makeup, or rather preventing it. Keep reading to see which beauty bits I grabbed for the most this last month!
As mentioned, most of my makeup took on a theme through July that is most definitely carrying into August: Makeup that won’t melt…. much. Or makeup that at least looks decent while I melt.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER MATTE VELVET SKIN BLURRING POWDER FOUNDATION* shocks me probably as much as it shocks you to read right now. Matte? Powder? Whaaaa? I know I never thought it would work on my dry-ish skin either but this is lovely. It totally does blur, give a velvety look without looking powdery and dry somehow. I’ve been using it over the next product for quick days, or as a setting powder on light coverage foundations that need more oomph.
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOLLYWOOD FLAWLESS FILTER (shade 4). I’ve been using shade 2 all year (read my review here), but purchased 4 to play into that sunkissed golden vibe. My preferred method for this shade is all over the face under my makeup for a gorgeous luminosity.
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK IN PILLOW TALK* is basically the easiest rosy neutral lip ever. It looks smooth on my dry lips, unlike other mattes, and has a silky feel to it.
- AERIN ROSE LIP CONDITIONER* is for all my rose lovers out there! This is a thicker balm that has a bit of tact to it so it really lasts. It leaves a gorgeous juicy gloss to the lips but actually hydrates and softens. I already planning on a repurchase asap.
- SONIA G BRUSHES* are something I won’t go into crazy detail about here because there is a very special post coming on them soon. I will say that they are beautifully crafted, insanely soft and rival some of the most expensive brushes I own. It’s a pleasure to use these brushes and it’s revitalized my love for makeup again!
SHOP MY JULY FAVOURITES
Some of the products and/or services mentioned in this post may have been provided for consideration and are denoted with an “*”. These products may be linked using an affiliate link, which provides me with a small commission in return for providing readers with honest and authentic reviews. The earnings from affiliate links are what keep GirlLovesGloss.com running! You can read my full disclaimer here.