While Girl Loves Gloss is predominantly a beauty blog, I do feel that beauty starts on the inside and the Mr and I have a New Year’s Resolution to start eating cleaner. I want to cook more and take better control over the foods we eat.
I decided to start off with experimenting with an idea I had for a Thai Butternut Squash Soup, and it turned out perfectly! The Thai red curry and coconut oil in the recipe will fill your kitchen with the most delicious aromatic experience, and it stores well in the fridge for a few days for easy meals! It’s also Vegan and Gluten Free, so it’s friendly for all audiences.
I like to serve this soup with some shredded coconut and pepitas on top for a bit of crunch, and a slice of sourdough toast with avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper to round out a full meal! Enjoy!
- 1 medium Butternut Squash peeled seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 large Shallot finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger grated
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste Thai Kitchen is Vegan and Gluten Free
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cube Vegetable Stock Bouillon
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Lime
- Salt Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400C and line a pan with foil
- Toss squash, salt and pepper and olive oil together then bake on pan for 30 minutes, or until -slightly golden and tender
- Saute shallots, garlic and ginger in the coconut oil until soft and translucent
- Stir in curry paste until blended
- Boil water and add to veggie bouillon cube
- Add butternut squash and veggie stock
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Squeeze in half a limes juice
- Blend (in blender or with immersion) until smooth, adding in coconut milk at the end
Garnish with shredded coconut and shelled pumpkin seeds if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 617mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Some of the products and/or services mentioned in this post may have been provided for consideration and are denoted with an “*”. These products may be linked using an affiliate link, which provides me with a small commission in return for providing readers with honest and authentic reviews. The earnings from affiliate links are what keep GirlLovesGloss.com running! You can read my full disclaimer here.