Writing a beauty blog inevitably means that I’m lucky enough to have many products show up on my desk throughout the year. Sometimes, I get to try products that I would never spend my own money on, or products that I wouldn’t think twice about. Sometimes, those products turn out to be knock-it-out-of-the-park favourites!. Here are 12 (because I couldn’t narrow it down to 10) of the products I found myself loving in 2016.
Affiliate Links |*denotes PR samples
I should start this by saying these are products I found myself trying and loving in 2016, but don’t necessary replace my all time favourites (like Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer, be still my makeup-loving heart). I just don’t want to drone on about products I forever love year after year. Which is why I created my “Shop Favourites” tab in the menu above, full of my all time holy grail favourite products!
1. Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit* • Sephora • Ulta •
I really found myself loving this handy contouring palette over any other contouring products, mainly because the contour shade isn’t too grey toned. I tossed the brush that came with it, but the powders are all silky smooth with great payoff.
2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop* • Sephora • Cult Beauty •
At first try, I thought this was pretty but not a must have. Over the year I’ve found myself reaching for it consistently because it just fits with every look!
3. Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Ecstacy* • Charlotte Tilbury • Net-A-Porter •
I’m a sucker for a good peach blush and this one is so smooth and satin without being flat and chalky. Charlotte’s blushes are never frosty, and give the most luminous airbrushed finish.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze* • Sephora • Liberty London •
I reach for this whenever my complexion looks drab or dehydrated because it has a stunning luminosity to it. Normally I am a matte bronzer girl, but this one won my heart last year!
5. L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush • Amazon
This might be my favourite single shadow of all time. Yes, that’s extremely high praise, and it’s totally desired.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Pencil in Rail • Sephora • Ulta • Feel Unique •
I really didn’t think this would be as amazing as it is, but I’ve probably worn this in my tightline every day for the last 6 months. I don’t love the black shade like I love this rich, deep brown – it makes the green in my eyes pop!
8. Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Thunderstruck • Sephora • Debenhams •
Think: white gold with peach shift that looks insane on the lids, and just as pretty dusted on cheekbones. I’ve never come across anything that remotely dupes it.
9. Becca Backlight Priming Filter • Sephora • Cult Beauty •
This is such a fabulous primer. It gives gorgeous radiance minus sparkle, smooths the complexion and extends my makeup to last hours longer.
10. Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Cara D • Charlotte Tilbury • Net-A-Porter •
This retractable angled pencil is the perfect undertone for my neutral deep brunette hair, and makes filling in my sparse 90’s cursed brows a snap.
11. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation* • Amazon •
This was a love a first wear! Super hydrating, radiant in finish and it actually lasts!
12. Chanel Calligraphie de Chanel Creme Liner* • Nordstrom • Debenhams • Hudson’s Bay
Another surprise hit here that I’ve been reaching for since first trying. Uber black, applies so smoothly and sets up matte then doesn’t budge.
Shop This Post
Some of the products mentioned in this post may have been provided for consideration. These products may be linked using an affiliate link, which provides me with a small commission in return for providing readers with honest and authentic reviews. The earnings from affiliate links are what keep GirlLovesGloss.comrunning! You can read my full disclaimer here.
Latest posts by Girl Loves Gloss (see all)
- Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Palette | Are We Over the Peach Theme Yet? - December 13, 2017
- Holiday 2017 MAC Giveaway! - December 12, 2017
- Wherein Girl Loves Gloss Finally Had a Baby - December 9, 2017