With the colder winter months approaching it seems like no betting time to me to treat yourself, or someone special to a luxurious, uber moisturizing body balm. After getting an incredible arm massage from the Tata Harper representative a couple months back with the Tata Harper Redefining Body Balm, I was sold…. or should I say my Grandmother was sold because she very kindly treated me and herself to this amazingly lush balm. I’ve raved about Tata’s products before, and this balm is no exception. Besides the fact that it is free of synthetics, toxins, fillers, artificial fragrances and colours, the brand is also cruelty free. So what is in it that makes it so amazing?
First things first, like all of Tata’s products, the Redefining Body Balm is housed in gorgeous frosted green glass. It’s just darn pretty on your vanity, you know? (ask my Grandmother, she’s so taken with the range, her vanity counter looks like the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz!)
Secondly, the product inside is created from 100% natural origin ingredients, and 42% of those are from organic farming.
Marketed as a ‘stretchmark minimizing elasticity treatment’ (yes, it is pregnancy safe), the Redefining Body Balm has 22 high performance ingredients in it, such as:
* Amino Acid – plant-derived triple-collagen technology helps to firm the skin by improving the contraction of collagen, while protecting skin fibers from elastic breakdown and providing antioxidant protection.
* Red Algae – Helps promote elasticity and improve firmness by preventing collagen degradation; deeply moisturizes and stimulates natural Hyalruonic Acid production.
* MuruMuru, Kokum, Mango, Cupuacu, Shea, Cocoa Butters – Each of these exotic butters promotes elasticity by delivering deep, long-lasting moisture, leaving the skin smooth, nourished and protected.
* Tamanu Oil – Reduces the appearance of scar tissue while fortifying skin to help prevent future stretch marks
* Acai Oil – Great source of fatty acids, Omega 3, 6 and 9, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, E and C, and very high in antioxidants
Thirdly (Oh yes, there’s more…) this balm emulsifies almost instantly when warmed in hands, creating the smoothest, silkiest, most refined balm which soothes post shaved legs (and a sunburn as I learned after my trip to Florida last month), completely smooths out my Keratosis Pilaris bumps on the backs of my arms, and as my Grandmother and I learned – it makes for a wonderful massage balm.
Finally, since Tata uses no artificial fragrance in her products (which are made on the farm in Vermont!), this doesn’t carry a cloyingly sweet, or sickly over-perfumed scent, but rather a gentle soothing Neroli scent that reminds me a bit of Honeysuckle.
Now, it isn’t cheap – this truly is a splurge product, but how wonderful for a gift for a pregnant friend or new Mum, someone who’s suffered from skin issues like Eczema, Psoriasis, or Keratosis Pilaris, or as a much needed treat for yourself? You deserve it, I promise….
What was the last product you splurged on for yourself, or for someone else?