Hallelujah! In a world run by matte liquid lipstick, L’Oreal has seen the light. Instead of creating yet another concrete-esque matte lip, the brand has just launched a liquid lipstick that boasts super pigment, easy to wear luminous finish. The Infallible Paints for Lips come in 13 shades and I test drove 12 of them with some definite winners and losers!
*Affiliate Links, Pr Samples
L’OREAL INFALLIBLE LIP PAINTS
Unlike most of the liquid lipsticks launching these days, these claim to be long wearing minus a matte or flat finish. L’Oreal states a hi-gloss finish, super saturated colour, never sticky and doesn’t bleed or feather. There were a few shades out of the line that didn’t perform as I expected (see below for shade breakdown) but most of them exactly as promised, and well past my expectations. Having said that, if I didn’t know any better, I would have thought I was wearing a very expensive lipstick! I had no sticky gloss feel and even the darkest shades didn’t seem to migrate all around my lip line giving them a luscious, comfortable feel on the lips.
The only tell-tale sign of the drugstore beside the colourful packaging was the classic L’Oreal lipstick scent. Normally I absolutely loathe this fragrance, but I found it much fainter with these and it didn’t linger (because seriously, that would have been an instant thumb down from me!).
SHOP ON AMAZON
Coming in 13 shades, I have 12 of them minus the navy blue. Naturally, I instantly gravitated towards the neutrals, but there are also some deep plums, purples and reds. Overall I would say it’s a very balanced colour range, though red lip lovers that like a blue based red will be without.
THE SHADE RANGE
- 300 Lilac Lust – Super pigmented, completely smooth, full coverage application which in turn needed no layering.
- 302 Violet Twist – This needed building, but I found it still applied patchy in some places.
- 304 Bewitching Bordeaux – Likewise this one didn’t build well, and lacked some of the glossy finish the others did.
- 310 Taupeless – Another hit in terms of full coverage. This applied smooth and luminous with no layering needed. ♥
- 312 Nude Star – A gorgeous warm nude that applied with full coverage, smooth and luminous with no layering needed. ♥
- 314 Spicy Blush – Another gorgeous nude that applied with full smooth coverage therefore no layering needed. This is the shade I am wearing above. ♥
- 316 Wild Rose – My notes simply say “gross’ on this one sadly. It gathered in lines, wouldn’t build up on itself, lacked luminosity and applied patchy.
- 318 Fearless Fuchsia – Applied slightly less coverage on first layer but does build up and even out when applied on top of itself.
- 320 Cool Coral – Another “gross” shade which saddens me (you guys know I love a peachy coral!). Like Wild Rose, this wouldn’t layer, applied patchy and dry looking and clung to ever.single.line.
- 322 Orange Envy – Another shade that is a bit sheer on first application but layers beautifully.
- 324 DIY Red – Full coverage tomato red that applies smooth and luminous in the first layer.
- 326 Sultry Sangria – Slightly sheer but evens out well with a second layer for full coverage.
♥ = My favourites.
I loved that these come with a squeeze tube so that you get every last drop, but not a squeeze applicator. Instead, you get a doe foot-like wand that has a grooved notch in the top that holds on to product and gives you enough to cover both top and bottom lip in one dip. The top edge of the wand comes to flat tip that makes it really easy to get around lip lines. I really struggle with getting traditional liquid lipsticks on evenly, and these are so easy to be accurate with.
The formula is also thicker, more gel-like than matte liquid lipsticks, so it really grips to the lips and gives this cushion like effect that anyone with dry or dehydrated lips will love!
If you love nudes, reds or purples you’re going to be thrilled with the L’Oreal Infallible Paints for Lips. Furthermore, I’d especially recommend them If you’ve been looking for an alternative to the matte lip craze that every brand seems to have jumped on. While they won’t be as long lasting as a matte liquid lip, these wear really well, fading away gracefully after a couple of hours. No flaky, wrinkly, cracked lips here.
SHOP THE POST
Some of the products mentioned in this post may have been provided for consideration. These products may be linked using an affiliate link, which provides me with a small commission in return for providing readers with honest and authentic reviews. The earnings from affiliate links are what keep GirlLovesGloss.com running! You can read my full disclaimer here.
Latest posts by Girl Loves Gloss (see all)
- CoverFx Goes Next Level Glitter - February 18, 2018
- Packing for a C Section | What I Used and What I Didn’t - February 10, 2018
- Top 5 | Bronzer & Contours of 2017 - February 7, 2018