Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Beauty Light Wands
CHARLOTTE TILBURY BEAUTY LIGHT WANDS ARE ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CREAM HIGHLIGHTERS OUT THERE.
Yep, I said it. They are STUNNING. They literally bring light to your face in the most glossy, gleaming way. So naturally, Charlotte being the queen of candlelit glowing complexion, decided to bring out two more shades to round out the Pillow Talk collection even further. I have the original Spotlight shade, as well as the new Pillow Talk* and Pillow Talk Medium Beauty Light Wands, so I’ve tested them out and swatched them here for you all!
CHARLOTTE TILBURY BEAUTY LIGHT WAND
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT: CHARLOTTE TILBURY
WHAT MAKES IT MAGIC?
- “Lustrous polymers – enhances the look of skin luminosity, giving a high gloss, highlighting effect with a silky smooth, non-greasy texture
- Fast-Drying Film Former – combined with the lustrous polymer, this gives a soft-feeling finish to the skin
- Sensorial Oil – a remarkably light-feeling, non-oily emollient that imparts a silky soft feel and shine
- Velvety Silica – a rich velvety texture with soft focus and oil-absorbing properties
- Brightening pigments – these provide magical coverage, and a soft feel for radiant-looking skin
- Lindera extract – skin appears more hydrated, radiant, smooth. It works like a booster and potentiates the effects of light – to give the complexion a youthful-looking glow!”
-according to charlottetilbury.com
THE SHADES: Pillow Talk is sandy pink champagne. Pillow Talk Medium is a bronzed copper rose gold.
THE FORMULA: Thin cream verging on liquid that is squeezed out of a sponge tip.
THE FINISH: Zero glitter or sparkle, reflective pearl that is very forgiving on skin texture.
MY THOUGHTS: I really love this formula, it’s flexible and gentle on skin texture which is a huge issue often when using powders. I love how well this layers and blends; You can put this on top of powder without it bunching and it blends out without going patchy.
I originally thought the Pillow Talk shade would be my favourite out of the two new launches, but it’s almost too close to my skin colour currently. I adore the Pillow Talk Medium and use it to warm up my entire face like a bronzer! A little goes a long way, and it buffs out seamlessly. Unlike many cream or liquid formulas, this doesn’t lift off existing foundation or cheek products so you can use it at any stage of your makeup application.
I’m not the biggest fan of the packaging; Sponge tips aren’t usually my thing, so I apply to a foundation tray or the back of my hand rather than going right in with the sponge. It’s important to take note that there is a little locking switch on the nozzle, and if you don’t twist it locked, you can expect a mess.
A NOTE ON QUANTITY: I’ll be honest, you don’t get much in these Beauty Light Wand tubes with only 12mls. That’s only a little bit more than a squeeze lipgloss tube. Having said that, the radiance and sheen these creates is super concentrated and very pigmented as you can see from my swatches. Unlike Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, which is a sheer glow [read my review here – spoiler alert, its gorgeous!], the Beauty Light Wands can be used as blushes, bronzers, and really intense highlighters if you want.
HAVE YOU TRIED THE CHARLOTTE TILBURY BEAUTY LIGHT WANDS BEFORE?
SHOP THE POST