THREE WORDS FOR YOU: SEA SALT CHOCOLATE. NEED I SAY MORE?
What if I told you that these chocolatey, sweet and salty morsels also sneak some protein in the mix? I used my AURA All Natural Clean Chocolate Whey Powder in this recipe. The results? Super tasty, oversized chocolate cookies with pink Himalayan salt on top. They taste totally indulgent and yet you can kick the guilt to the curb.
This might sound like a small batch of cookies, only yeilding 12, but they are rather large. If you wanted smaller, 2-3 bite cookies, you’d want to cut the baking time down 3-4 minutes. It’s important to let the cookies rest on the sheet for a solid 15-20 minutes after pulling them out of the oven; They continue to bake on the sheet and set up.
Lining your cookie sheets are a must for this recipe, either with parchment paper or a baking mat. If you bake both sheets of cookies at the same time, you’ll want to rotate racks halfway through to ensure even baking.
I created this recipe using Aura All Natural Whey Chocolate Protein Powder and used the scoop provided. If using a different protein powder that doesn’t have a scoop, substitute a 1/4 cup measure.
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 11 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 scoop AURA Chocolate Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pink Himalayan salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs, sugars and vanilla on medium for approx 5 minutes.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl on 15-second intervals, stirring frequently until melted.
- In a separate bowl, wisk together flour, corn starch, baking powder, protein powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- After egg mixture is done beating for 5 minutes, slowly pour chocolate mixture while mixing on slow for approx a minute.
- Slowly add dry mixture until combined. The dough will be wet.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 12 even portions, 6 per sheet with 2 inches of space (they will spread!)
- Generously sprinkly Pink Salt on the top of all cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow cookies to cool on the pan for a minimum of 15 minutes.
If baking two sheets at the same time, switch racks halfway through for even baking.
Lining cookie sheets is a must.
Leave cookies to set up and cool on the cookie sheet for min 15 minutes before transferring.
Green & Black's Organic Cocoa Powder, 125g
Himalayan Salt Coarse Grain in Grinder
AURA™ Complete Protein - 500g / 14 Servings
Wilton Cookie or Ice Cream Scoop, Stainless Steel, Small
Wilton 2105-6900 Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece, Multicolored
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is partially in partnership with AURA Nutrition.
Some of the products and/or services mentioned in this post may have been provided for consideration and are denoted with an “*”. These products may be linked using an affiliate link, which provides me with a small commission in return for providing readers with honest and authentic reviews. The earnings from affiliate links are what keep GirlLovesGloss.com running! You can read my full disclaimer here.