What 2014 Taught Me and Resolutions for 2015
You can classify me as the type that doesn’t ‘do’ resolutions normally, but I was thinking tonight about this last year and some of the same thoughts kept popping into my head which naturally led to some things I want to continue and some things I want to change for 2015.
Some lessons I learned in 2014:
1. There are things I can’t change or control, and letting my anxiety take over due to these things doesn’t do me any favourites. On the flip side, there are plenty of things I have control to change and adapt in my destiny, and hard work pays off when it comes to bettering one’s self.
2. Double cleansing is 100% necessary to keeping my skin looking fresh as a daisy. I actually made it to my 30’s never dealing with acne minus the odd spot, and then it hit. Hormonal chin acne. I honestly had no idea how to deal with it. Enter in Caroline Hirons aka The Skin Goddess and the world of double cleansing; An oil/balm cleanser+hot cloth to remove makeup, then a gentle nourishing cleanser to cleanse the skin. Big ‘a ha!’ moment for me, followed by a ‘well, duh’ moment right after.
3.Don’t keep pushing for something simply because it is was you’ve always told yourself is right. Life throws changes at you and sometimes you need to take the curveball and reassess if your goals and paths are still in your best interest. (oh so deep, I know)
4. You can never drink enough water. Seriously.
5. Peach is the new pink…. for me. After years of thinking bright pinks and roses were tops I’ve come to realize that peach and peachy pinks are actually a zillion (that’s a lot) times more flattering on my complexion. See, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Speaking of new tricks, some 2015 Resolutions:
1. Bog standard blog more regularly. I know so many bloggers say this, and I know I’ve said it before, but I really do love writing this blog and need to not let my fear of no one actually reading it get in the way of being more regular about posting. I’ve got a lot to say ya know!?
2. Stop being so lazy in the body lotion department. Does anyone else forget/get too lazy to lotion those limbs? I’m the first to complain about dry itchy skin… and yet if I made more of an effort on a regular basis…
3. More bath time, ie ‘me time’. I really need to take some time out of my week and devote it to reading a book, taking a nice relaxing bath and generally unplugging from the world.
4. Organize, organize, organize. I won’t lie, I am not always the tidiest and tend to procrastinate like non other. I’m hoping I can get my act together a little better in 2015.
5. Detox some crap out of my life. Whether its crap friends, crud food or bad habits, I’d like 2015 to be the year I retrained myself to look at things in a new light and incorporate some healthier body and soul aspects to my life.
There you have it, some life lessons and hopeful wishes for the new year. What are your resolutions and what did you take away from 2014?