You know that thing when you find something you love, the perfect eyeshadow colour, blush or liner and then you find out that: a) it was limited edition probably never to be made again, or b) it has since been discontinued, only to be going for three times the retail price on ebay. How rude.
Let’s talk about our favourite, once upon a time available products, shall we?
1. The Laura Mercier Artist 2 Palette was one heck of a limited edition palette. Think gorgeous richly pigmented shadows in matte, pearl and frost finishes in a great range of light through darks. A winner that is in their permanent range though are the Caviar Sticks. Gorgeously creamy cream shadows in an easy stick form that set and last all day!
2. Mac Eyeshadows have been long known to come out limited edition then disappear never to be heard of again. My all time favourites include Early Morning, the perfect pigmented neutral grey that would convert any non grey shadow wearer into one (shown). Another is Velvet Moss – one of the original Matte² releases in a gorgeous moss green. Mac still has an extensive range though, with some of my favourites being Blanc Type, Sable and Handwritten.
3. Benefit Bella Bamba Blush is a gorgeous watermelon pink that gave such a gorgeous glow to the skin. I honestly was surprised to see this discontinued. Another great shade that is a bit more rose gold is Rockateur, or if you want something a bit more sculpting then go for Dallas.
4. Another blush on the list I am surprised was discontinued is Mac Pink Swoon. Its a bright yellow toned pinked blush that brightens up any complexion. While not matte, another great brightening pink would be Dollymix.
5. Finally one last discontinued product I wish was still around is yet another Mac product (seriously Mac!?) an that is the Eye Khol in Lichen, which was this gorgeous blackened dark green that managed to somehow go with so many shadows! I feel like this might have been from a collection long ago, but can’t for the life of me remember it. I still stand by Teddy as one of my favourite eye pencils of life though.
What is your favourite discontinued or limited edition product? Can you remember a collection or release you wish had been permanent?